Tuesday

A New You Won't Take Emotional and Physical Abuse - Say Goodbye to Pain, Hello to Healing

So it's a new year, now what?  Do you begin your life anew working toward getting out of a toxic relationship?  Most victims, they don't.  They prefer to make excuses as to why they should stay.  Do you seek counsel on how to end the relationship?  Most victims, they keep everything they are going through bottled inside.  But survivors, they do less talking and more walking!  They believe they are going to get out and then they do.  Whether they are walking upright when they leave or on a stretcher, they are out!

Victims hate on survivors.  They are jealous even angry.  They want to get out, but that is about all they do "want."  But want has to be backed up with action.  If being jealous of those who are free is motivation, then one should use that to create the peaceful environment you always wanted without emotional and physical abuse.

Photo by Eric Ward on Unsplash
Just imagine for a moment...no one calling you names, acting threatening, accusing you of anything, hitting, staring at you like your crazy, muttering curse words about you, cheating on you emotionally and/or physically, carrying your personal information to others, acting ugly with you yet nice with others...a heaven on earth!  Yep, that can be yours!  Are you ready?

The more you envision your personal peace on earth, the more it is attainable.  You define it and you make it happen!  Doctors, counselors, teachers, relatives, and friends can only do so much to encourage you, you have to be willing to do something!  You have to love yourself and your freedom more than you will ever love that abusive partner.

I recall the day I made up in my mind I was letting go of some toxic people in my life.  I felt so much peace.  The burdens began to uplift.  I began to take action.  I talked to them less and less.  I packed up bags and boxes.  I found freedom mentally before it came physically.  I trusted God.  Are you willing to lay down your burdens and seek solace?

I am excited about the new year, because there are more changes ahead.  I owe it to myself to be my best self with or without the people currently in my life.  I can tell you from personal experience God can move the old out and replace those jokers with new people who love, like and care for you honestly!

If that is what you want, then get the resources you need!  It's time to tell some folks to kick rocks!

Excited about your future and mine, happy new year!

Nicholl McGuire is the author of When Mothers Cry, Say Goodbye to Dad, and Socially Sweet, Privately Cruel Abusive Men as well as the blog owner.

No comments:

God didn't put you with an abusive mate. Your flesh did.