Tuesday

One Day the Abuse Just Stopped

I spoke to a widow who shared with me about how one day the abuse just stopped.  I asked her what happened.  Here's what she said.


"He was getting ready to jump on me again.  My son was standing in the background with his daddy's shot gun.  He told him that he wasn't being disrespectful, but that his dad had to stop.  My husband looked at him.  He knew that his son would have blown him away.  From that point on, he stopped abusing me."


A husband, who had been abusing the widow for years, finally stopped.  Notice it was once the boy got old enough to hold his father's gun and threaten him with it.  She told me he was teenager back then about 17 or 18 years old.  How many of you have that kind of time?  How much more abuse will you endure before your violent partner finally stops?


Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

God didn't put you with an abusive mate. Your flesh did.