Friday

Family Covenant Legacy

Families are maintained among believers in The Lord. Psalm 128:5 states "The LORD bless you from Zion". Zion is the city of God, but fathers in families take them there for worship (Hebrews 12:22). Families should be part of a spiritual maintenance program where they continually meet God to stay as one fully affirmed. Fixing America and all the toxicity in society starts in the home. Prosperity,love,honor, peace, and spiritual health are the extended rewards of a family under God. Leading by faith means doing all you can consistently to remain in God's provisions.

I can testify on my behalf that I grew up in a very broken, emotional, penal, volatile, conflicted, and abusive environment from the time I was 6 until my parents split for 8 years and then for 3 years after they got back together. I paid for it socially and even in subconscious dream patterns psychologically with adverse desires which became my tailor made problems. I found myself for plenty of seasons making up for their mistakes, managing their challenges, playing the referee, being a mediator, and sacrificing the best for me to care and worry about them.  My family is recovering, though at times I feel the progress won't make positive, persistent changes. However, I trust God that I won't be a casualty of a permanently broken family with no legacy.

In Genesis, I've studied, read, and examined the patterns of destiny, purpose, and legacies left through many genealogies that existed from Adam and Eve,  Noah, Abraham, and others. There were only but a few God made covenant with that had true dominion. Lot was able to transfer his faithfulness so no one could preserve his culture. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob passed on real faith. Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed over a lack of genuine righteousness. It wasn't limited to it just being about homosexuality in the culture of men having relations together. Today we need a generation of mentoring surrogates to restore the true majesty of what makes a true man and woman of God as well as children. They need what 2 Timothy says about the work of sound taught doctrine and Scripture.


Anthony Tyus, Guest Blogger

No comments:

God didn't put you with an abusive mate. Your flesh did.