Friday

Spiritual Abuse: Are You in Labor?

Women who have been victims of dating and domestic violence are the most suceptible to spiritual abuse in my opinion. You see, having gone through dating and domestic violence, I found myself open to anyone who would tell me, "Jesus loves you!"

I was eager to return to my roots. I participated in a liquid fast for 40 days and nights to seek God's face under the urging of the Holy Spirit -- I was literally sold out for God! But just as Jesus was tempted at the end of his fast by the devil, so was I. He came to me in the form of false angels inviting me to all sorts of false churches and I accepted every invite. At some point I would end up defending my belief in God with tears in my eyes to a group of people who reminded me of my sin. They treated me as if I was under interrogation down at a police station.

So I pose this question to you, are you in labor with an abusive mate called, "Spiritual Abuse"? Is he or she pressuring you with statements like "if you just pay your tithes, attend this service, give your time, date me, keep quiet, be submissive, buy my book, watch my dvd, invite your family, recruit five people..." that he will give you what you want a bed to sleep, a check to cash, sex for the moment, the lead part in the play, a position in a group, a job in the community, a record deal, a business or something else? If so, then you are serving a different kind of god preaching a different kind of gospel!

Just as the pregnant woman who gives birth on the hospital bed screams, "Help!" That is what God is awaiting for you to say to him, "Help!" The Holy Spirit has been speaking to you a long time about leaving the church, but you are scared! So you have been told, certain brothers and sisters in Christ who left the church had bad things happen to them, and you don't want to be next. What happened to that scripture you learned about "God not giving you the spirit of fear?"
Spiritual abuse is a real problem in the church. It causes one to become dependant on the church for just about everything. It condemns, belittles, judges, betrays, lies, hurts, isolates, ruins, shuns, and sends many to hell! Wake up!

If you are the relative or friend of someone who has lost their mind in the church, help them to come back to their senses by first educating yourself about spiritual abuse so that you will know how to best discuss matters in the church with them. Very often people don't get through to loved ones, because they don't know how to talk to them.

However, if you are the one in the church wondering why do I feel as if I am ready to give birth to something good in my life, but the church keeps holding me back, investigate! Find out what others are saying about their experiences. Read the word for yourself, "Study and show thyself approved unto God...rightly dividing the word of truth," the way God intended. Fast and pray on your own and you will be amazed at what you'll learn about yourself and those around you.


Nicholl McGuire
Inspiring and thought-provoking, YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/nmenterprise7

No comments:

God didn't put you with an abusive mate. Your flesh did.