Friday

Weigh the Pros and Cons - Bad Relationship is a Mistake

"I didn't want to believe it happened.  I met someone that I really thought was a nice person.  I felt that he was going to treat me sweetly, but once again I was wrong.  I became bitter allowing this individual into my life again and again.  I should have never given this man a place in my life, but I did and so now I have to undo it!"

How many of you secretly regret connecting with a partner whether on or offline?  This is someone who deceived you in some way.  Who didn't keep promises, lied about his whereabouts, his or her commitment to you, and more.  You might have looked the other way early on during the courtship--forgive and forget, right?  But now sometimes you are numb or crazy with anger.

When you are at your wits end with someone, feeling trapped in a bad relationship, consider those high and low emotions toward him or her red flag warning signs to get out while there is still time.  Just imagine being wheel-chaired bound and relying on an abusive man or woman to care for you or what about sickly in bed needing him or her to fix you your meals for a long time. Scary thought? 

You can still move about, right?  That daily worry, stress, disputing, and more will wear you down if not already.  The aging process will not slow for you and your body will not always be healthy.  Add children to the mix, and they will not always like and respect you especially if you are showing weakness when it comes to an emotionally and/or physically abusive partner.  In addition, you will not always have the strength to go on and then what?

So count up the positives and the negatives that plague your current relationship with someone and then work toward freedom.  It might take you a week, a month, a year or more to get free, but you can do it!  Accept the fact you made an error when you connected with the bad individual whether it has been recently or many years ago.  Forgive yourself! 

It is never too late to make a difference in your life!

Nicholl McGuire

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm still regretting allowing a narcissist into my life even that we are now not together. He tried to destroy my life and I am still trying to find my way back to the life I had prior to meeting him.

God didn't put you with an abusive mate. Your flesh did.