Wednesday

Personal Message from the Laboring to Love Blog Creator...

Thank you for stopping by!  I just want readers to know that for years I have posted content to this blog in an effort to help individuals and groups find solutions when it comes to issues related to abuse.

Emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse and other abuses are never to be taken to lightly!  When we know that someone is being verbally or physically assaulted, we are to open our mouths and speak up!  Taking on that all-too-common attitude of "It's none of my business..." just might be the last time you see that person who is going through all sorts of psychological warfare.

I remember a time when a few had an inkling or blatantly knew about my abusive experiences, and said nothing to me, but everything to those around me.  It was only a matter of time that darkness came to light for all to see, but had many spoke up, maybe there wouldn't have been a blog.  With enough peer pressure to get out of a situation, the one in it just might consider getting out sooner rather than later.

There is no excuse to run the risk of having blood on one's hands for not saying anything. There should be no secrets kept when one is being wounded mentally, physically and spiritually--by the way some church-goers/members experience spiritual abuse (look that one up).

It is my prayer that when you see something, you say something.  If it wasn't for a stranger, noticed I said a stranger, I wouldn't be alive today.

Nicholl McGuire author of Laboring to Love Myself and Laboring to Love an Abusive Mate.
Feel free to contact me via email: virtualassistant007@yahoo.com

No comments:

God didn't put you with an abusive mate. Your flesh did.