Sunday

Abuse - You Accept It, Continues to Happen

As long as the woman who doesn't want her abusive man to get away remains in a relationship with him, she will be abused.

As long as the man who thinks he can't attract anyone but mean-spirited women continues to settle, he will be used.

It's a belief, whether accurate or not, that keeps the abused with the abusive.  You can make excuses all you want, but the truth is your personal thoughts about someone is what keeps you bound to them.  We know the truth about our partners and we all have reasons for why we stay and why we leave and never return. 

When the thought came to me that I could never be happy with my abuser, I let him go.  When I came to the realization that an ex was no longer going to be faithful to me, I made arrangements to leave.  When I watched my relatives behave badly with one another and then noticed how they acted toward me and didn't like what I was seeing, I made arrangements not to be around them anymore.

How long does it take for someone to come to the realization that a relationship is no longer beneficial for them?  Well depending on the length of time they have been with that person and what they are receiving or not receiving from the partnership, it can be a long time.

There will always be someone or a group that cares far more for us than partners ever will.  The opportunity to exit a bad relationship is always there, but it is up to the one who is in pain to leave it.  There is no time limit on when to leave, you just leave or cut off folks when you have reached the point of no more excuse-making or relying on others.  You just do it!

If one continues to accept being used and abused by others while providing no consequences for repeated violations, abusers will feel that it is okay to keep acting disrespectfully.

Nicholl McGuire

No comments:

God didn't put you with an abusive mate. Your flesh did.